South County High School
2018-2019 Boys Lacrosse
Team Contract & Lettering Criteria
1. I will have fun playing lacrosse every day.
2. I will display proper sportsmanship as mandated by the VHSL during practices and games.
3. I will follow and adhere to FCPS rules and regulations related to student conduct and academics, and will remain in compliance with the FCPS Participation Policy.
4. I will attend all of my scheduled academic classes and perform to the best of my abilities in those classes. I understand that 1 unexcused absence from any academic class will result in a ½ game suspension, 2 unexcused absences will result in a full game suspension and 3 unexcused absences will result in termination from the team.
5. I will maintain a C or better in all of my courses during the season. If any of my grades fall below a C I will attend mandatory study hall sessions, until the grade(s) has been raised to a C or better.
6. I will maintain proper care of school issued equipment, return it upon request, and pay the replacement cost of any lost or damaged equipment.
7. I will be at practice and prepared to play at the scheduled time. If I am going to miss or be late, I will notify Coach Heller (Varsity) or Coach Conlin(JV) in writing (via e-mail) with at least 24 hours notice, so that the coaching staff has time to prepare for my absence. 3 unexcused tardies = 1 absence, 3 unexcused absences = dismissal from the team.
8. I will refrain from the use of profanity and I will refrain from making derogatory comments about a participant’s race, culture, or personal character. Comments of this nature may result in an immediate suspension from the team.
9. I will respect my teammates, opponents, officials, fans, managers, school staff, coaching staff and their property. I understand that vandalism or theft of any kind is prohibited.
10. I will act in a manner that will bring respect and pride to my family, the school, the lacrosse program, my teammates and coaches, and the South County community as a whole.
11. I will not engage in any fight or altercation with anyone at any time. I understand that fighting will result in immediate suspension from the team.
12. I will not drive to practice or games. I understand that a parent (prearranged) or a bus driver must drive me to all events away from school grounds. (Exception: South Run Practices with proper permission forms signed)
13. I will refrain from bragging about our team and posting derogatory comments about anyone to any online lacrosse forum or social media site.
14. I will practice hard with game like intensity every day.
15. I will work on my game in my own time.
16. I will use proper techniques, strive to stay penalty free, and minimize mental errors through focused preparation.
17. I will sprint on & off the field, and to & from drills in games and practice.
18. I will always play to the whistle, always play my hardest all 4 quarters, and always strive to do my best and settle for nothing less.
19. I will “make the next play” after a mistake.
20. I will always strive to make the team, my teammates and myself better with every opportunity.
21. I will be a champion every day.
Any player in violation of the Stallion Way will receive one or more of the following consequences:
· Additional duties before, during, and after practice and games.
· Extended conditioning before, during, and after practice.
· Reduced playing time.
· Suspension from practices and games.
· Termination from the team.